Thursday, May 14, 2009

Folding Chairs



Folding Chairs

There was a long line of wooden folding chairs in the way, directly where I wanted to walk as far as the eye could see.

One by one I had to push them aside – a tedious prospect.

This was my minimalist dream – only the salient elements appeared.


Where I was going and why the chairs presented this obstacle were irrelevant considerations.

The only issue, the whole point of the exercise was this:

What are you going to do about it?




So, after grumbling a bit and shoving two or three chairs aside, I felt an impulse to

Stop believing in the problem.


Bong! Like magic, the chairs were GONE!

Whoa! A life message coming my way!

Something meant to be carried into wakefulness.

To make sure I got it, the lesson was repeated several more times in slightly altered dream scenarios.

Always there was some difficulty that vanished -

as soon as I stopped believing in it.

Not a bad trick!

A very useful bit of conjuring.


Stop believing in the problem.



. . . and the Count Down continues.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful shift in perception!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't ya just love night school!? :)

    ReplyDelete