Friday, August 28, 2009

Learning to Love



Learning to Love

The challenge is this:

What is hidden inside must be exposed and examined
Before right action can be taken
.


Pain is apparently an effective agent of motivation for exposing and examining what is hidden inside.

It is important to be ready to learn, to adopt and accept a higher paradigm and potential.

To see in oneself how the ego’s three modes of “wanting, frustrated wanting, and indifference” (according to Eckhart Tolle) have operated, and to seek instead to learn to love without manipulation.

This means, so far as it has come to me now, to love without hopes or expectations. To love without anticipating a return on that love, to love as though – or even though - no physical, emotional or mental sharing was to be the receipt.

I want to learn this.

I am willing to expose and examine what is hidden inside
so right action can be taken.

I want to be a light,

I want to lift burdens rather than add to them.

I want to learn to love.

5 comments:

  1. CD, this is a powerful intention and post. Pondering yesterdays post, I realized even what I envision as noble and righteous, my desire to be in accord with our Divine blueprint can be a ‘wanting’. This morning right before reading this, I began to really get a sense of my ‘indifference’...a way to submerge the fear that arises…instead of feeling it…and thinking, hey cool, I must be doing good…not grasping… letting go…yada, yada, yada.

    “What is hidden inside must be exposed and examined before right action can be taken.”

    This scripture has been coming up in me too; “For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart”.

    Love, Light is the most powerful living and active vibration…not an indifferent lofty concept… I intend to feel and appreciate your sharing…surrender to being cut open by the power of Love…so much to learn! (Hey now I’m hearing that Beatles song…”Now that I know what I feel must be right I'm here to show everybody the light…And the only word is Love It's so fine, it’s sunshine …It's the word, love...You rock Man!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geeze, is everyone on vanilla now?
    Shannon, see what you started?
    I hope your HAPPY! We are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know we could eat YOU up with a spoon!
    Sweet... funny - 'The Lovin' Spoonful'
    "Do you believe in magic..."
    Heres to Virtue, Valour and Vanilla!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "To love without anticipating a return on that love, to love as though – or even though - no physical, emotional or mental sharing was to be the receipt"...learning that Love is a vibration that lifts our burdens, moves everything and everyone to the required place at the required time...that Loves vibration is sourced from deep within our eternal
    heart, learning to integrate the blockages on the interior...today it's like “wanting, frustrated wanting, and indifference” have been left piled up in boxes right inside the front hall...and yet again I have been a runaway.

    I want to learn to love too, to dismantle all these boxes and move more deeply IN...again.

    So Love all you share.

    ReplyDelete